If mediation does not resolve your dispute, your Complaint will be assigned to an experienced attorney, called a Special Master, here at the Court of Claims for a formal legal ruling. The Special Master will review the documents you filed and any Response submitted by the public agency and issue a report and recommendation. There will be no hearing or trial, and the law prohibits the Special Master from having access to any information about what was discussed in your Mediation session.